Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Upcoming Talk: Interstellar and the Meaning of Human Life

I'm so excited for my talk on Interstellar coming up tomorrow!  If you're in Chattanooga, feel free to stop by and let me know what you think.  If not, you can get some idea of what I'll talk about from my earlier posts on the subject. 

There have been rumors of recording the talk.  If that happens, I will try to post the video here on the blog.  In either case, I will report here on how it goes.

Part of the rationale for the talk is to make our department more visible on campus and to attract more students to take our courses and to become majors.  If I get any sense of how successful it is on that front, I will report on that as well.

Now I should probably go watch the movie one more time just to refresh my memories!

2 comments:

  1. The talk went very well! The room was packed, and I had a great time. Hopefully there will be a video soon, so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can see a news report on the talk here, starting about 4:18: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqj7ZzssSXc&feature=youtu.be

    ReplyDelete