Friday, January 19, 2018

Chattacon 43!



This weekend I'll be attending Chattacon 43, a nice little speculative fiction convention here in Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA.  Last year I said I might volunteer in the future.  The future is here!  I volunteered to serve on some panels, and the Chattacon folks put me on the following.

  • There is No Singing in Space Opera (Fri. 5:00)
  • Negan, Lucille, and Other Things That Made Me Stop Watching My Favorite Shows (Fri. 9:00)
  • Philosophy, Science Fiction, and Fantasy (Sat. 3:00)  [As you might have guessed, this is the one I suggested, so hopefully it will bring something interesting to the con.]
  • More Than Swords: The Military and Fantasy (Sat. 6:00)

You can see the whole programming schedule here.  I even have a bio on the list of panelists!  

There's also lots of other fun stuff to do.  Just check out the website.  Mostly I'm looking forward to spending some time with my people (i.e., SF/F fandom).  

Maybe I will see you there this year ... or in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment