Thursday, January 11, 2024

Chattacon 2024!

 


I'm excited to be attending Chattacon once again this year! Chattacon 49 will take place this weekend (Jan. 12-14, 2024) at the Doubletree Hotel in downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee!

I've been attending Chattacon for almost a decade now, and for the last six or so years I've been a panelist. I even have a panelist page on the website! I'm really looking forward to seeing friends, acquaintances, and those-people-I-see-at-Chattacon-every-year-but-haven't-gotten-around-to-talking-to-yet. I'm also excited to meet the Guest-of Honor Mary Robinette Kowal (I really loved her Lady Astronaut series).

You can find more information about registration and events on the Chattacon website. Here are some of the panels I'll be on:

  • The Shape of Science Fiction (Fri. 5pm)
  • WWOBD: What Would Octavia Butler Do? (Sat. 12pm)
  • Science Fiction 101: Cosmos in the Classroom (Sat. 4pm)
  • Do You Grok Spock?: Religions that Came from Science Fiction (Sun. 11am)
  • Dune and Philosophy: Sandworms and Spice (Sun. 12pm)
That last panel will include a discussion of the Dune and Philosophy course I taught last fall, and of course how giddy Dune-nerds are for Dune Part 2, which will be released in March.

I'm super excited for all of this! Maybe I will see you there this weekend ... or in some other strange time and place, maybe even next year for Chattacon 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment