Friday, December 18, 2020

Le Guin's Earthsea on Worlds of Speculative Fiction


I'm excited to be a guest for Dr. Greg Sadler's Worlds of Speculative Fiction tomorrow (Sat. Dec. 19, 2020). We'll be discussing Ursula K. Le Guin's Earthsea series.

Here's the Facebook eventvideo link, and Zoom link. This is free and open to the public, so feel free to attend virtually.

Dr. Sadler has been doing this series at Milwaukee area public libraries for years, and it has gone online recently. We've been connected virtually for a while due to our shared interests in science fiction and philosophy as well as Stoicism. He saw my recent article on Le Guin, and he invited me to participate.

I was thrilled to accept his invitation. This also gave me a chance to finally read some of the later Earthsea books, Tehanu and Tales from Earthsea (both of which I will review on the blog soon... I hope to get to the final book, The Other Wind, soon). I've loved Le Guin's science fiction for a long time, but I've only gotten to her fantasy in the last few years.

Maybe I will see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment